In a mission of my cultural club in 1986, I discovered a group of young people praying, preaching and teaching the Bible.
During my visits, the first church to visit was the Roman Catholic Church but these young people didn't convinced me from all that they were doing during their activities. The second church on my list was the Pentecostal Church of 30th Community. The young people I met that day were singing, praying and also preaching but they diId not stamp for sure my humble life.
The third and last church which kept my attention was the United Methodist Church where really I found my place because I couldn't go back to my cultural club and report my founding. In this church, I found myself that I was living far from God although I was also a child born in a christian family. In December 1986 I decided to give my life to Christ after a pasted preached a powerful message.
I was lost but I couldn't discover it from myself, I was in need of assistance so that I could discover that Jesus-Christ loves me and gave his life in ransom so that I could be saved.
I can remember again that special day I gave my life to Christ Jesus after years. I didn't know how I left my bench and stood up to receive Christ in my life. A new relationship was established between a sinner I was and the Christ. I didn't regret giving my life to this Savior because he made me a new creation and he gave me a new family where I was free for reel.
I was a christian by name but when I came to Christ I realized that I never give my life to him. From the time I gave my life, a new name was given to me from my family to all my community. My elder started calling me 'papa' I don't know why, also in the community they named me 'paster'.
Before I came to Christ, I was not like the other young people who fight, insult, steal or doesn't assist elder people but totally the contrary from other young people.
Every mother could wish that I can marry her daughter and male parents wanted that their male children can be a photocopy or a copy and paste of my life. With Christ I became more than what I was before.
No comments:
Post a Comment