An activism is a person who works to achieve political or social change, especially as a member of an organization with particular aims.
I worked like a refugee and immigrant activism from 2002 up to 2010. I quitted this work because pressure was too much on me and my family in a foreign country. My work as a refugee and immigrant activism was very risky as I worganizing and protuing youth activaour community.
I was always interpellated by the police and the ministry of Home Affairs. I was afraid that one day I will be either killed or arrested for years.
It was not easy as you know to work as an activist in a foreign country. I and my colleagues were protecting these category of people and ourselves were also in need of protection.
A part from this activity, I was also a youth activist working under the Africa Humanitarian Action. I works with youth for a number of years and it becomes a passion for me. To promote youth activities, I got trained as a referee and a coach of athletics and official for athletics. I trained many young people to become good soccer, basketball, volleyball and netball players and also good athletes. I resigned in 2017 and I decided to remain in office as a counselor. Youth need counseling, school goers or not; both of them need counseling.
I was organizing these you activities with the money from my own pocket when the organization could not support us and the youth.
I also worked as a gender activist. As a gender active activist, my task was to help my fellow men that male or female all we have the same rights.
It was not simple but I and my other fellow men we tried our best and today men can give a voice to women because of the work we did in our community.
To serve the community is very important. I like volunteering because I am impacting lives through what I am doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment