When I left DRC, I entered Zambia and went straight to the border of Zimbabwe where the Immigration officers asked me why I found myself to their border and my answer was that 'I was seeking for asylum'. The Immigration officers gave to me a note to hand to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Harare (Zimbabwe).
To the UNHCR's office, I was taken to Tongogara Refugee Camp.
On the 2nd October 2017, my uncle Charles came to Tongogara Refugee Camp and kidnapped me trying to take me to South Africa. When we reach the border Zimbabwe - South Africa, I succeeded to escape from him but there was no way. I wanted to jump in the Limpopo River but after thinking about my mom, I abstained myself of doing so.
On the 6th October 2017, I met a truck driver to whom I asked if he could assist me to go out of South Africa and he told me that he was going to the border of Zimbabwe. The truck driver told me that he will assist me as long as he doesn't have an assistant. In the way to the Namibian border, I was the one to cook for him and I was also sharing with him.
On the 9th October, we reached the Namibian border, I decided to run away and went to introduce myself to the Police Station.
On the 13th October 2017, I was taken to Osire Refugee Settlement but the next day I decided to leave the settlement to Zambia because I was afraid to remain in Namibia as it is coser to South Africa.
After some months in Zambia, I met another boy who also travelled far from his region in the DRC because of atrocities over there. After I narrated to him what happened to me and after I heard his story, he advised me to try to Malawi if we will get access there and if they could give us asylum there because there my uncle cannot reach there and him also will be in peace and recover from all that he went through. We walked for four days and we reached the border of Malawi and just at the custom offices, we introduce ourselves as asylum seekers from Congo DR and they wrote to us a note and we were taken to Zlaleka Refugee Camp. Zlaleka Refugee Camp is situated in Malawi at 50 km from Lilongwe the capital city. It hosted today more than ten thousand refugees.
After some months, I saw my uncle in the camp and he told me that he walk away from South Africa to Malawi just to look for me. He asked me if could go with him but I tald him that it was not possible and I told him that if he insisted I will inform the elders of the camp and he will be arrested. My uncle left and he went. From that day I didn't see this man who could be behind of the death of my family members.
Last year, early morning I was on my way to my place of work because we were stating working from four O'clock; I saw someone who called me and told me that I cannot scream because no one will come to rescue me. He has a gun on his hands and said: "I cannot betrayed him by telling his story because I am the only one who knows him." That day I was fortunate because a car was coming from far and my uncle asked me who's car was that and I told him that it was a police car because the use to patrol the camp. From the lights if that car I got the opportunity to run away and save myself from my uncle. The next day, I went to the elder of the camp and I explained to them what happened to me and they mobilised themselves to find my uncle but they couldn't find him.
This situation made me sick and I was thinking of running away Malawi. The big question in my head was, even if I run Malawi; where will I go again? Will I be just running? I was not in peace because of the man called my uncle and also I was asking myself how he entered the camp because it is very difficult for someone who is not a refugee to get in.
I don't know peace and the care parents can give to his child. Always, people who can harm and destroy, are those who are close to us.
Very bad
ReplyDelete