Monday, April 9, 2018

Youth Activities



I have been working with youth from different background and cultures.
These are the youth I coached during the period I was a Sport Coordinator. Today after 4 years, these young people are the ones involved in senior teams and under 20 teams of the Osire soccer and others are in different teams around the country.
I always remember the words of a wise man who was telling us that "when you rendering a service to someone you have to do it correctly because from that you'll be blessed. These are words which encourage me when I'an engaged doing something for someone who asked me a service. These young people will be always remembering me for the coaching provided to them. This work I was not doing it for money but for passion of helping.
Today I am working as a community worker, my work is to encourage women, men, girls and boys to be engaged in productive works and also to volunteer because there will not always money to pay everyone. Each and everyone must be engaged in entrepreneurship.
I worked with youth from churches as well those from the community. I remember when I started working with youth in Namibia, because of the language I choose to remain home because many youth were speaking Portuguese and English. It was not easy to interact with people but when I started articulating some words of English and Portuguese it helps me to come close to the youth and I can assure my readers that sport has only one language. You speak French, I speak Portuguese we can communicate. Dancers, singers, soccer players... felt to be to my side because they could translate my words in French and I could also do the same.
Youth activities are a passion for me and even if I'm not in this age I'm still young. I can remember someone who told my colleagues that this man will not get old, he will be young forever. When we are involved in youth activities, we remain young.
I need your comment to improve my blog. Your comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment